The Museum will be closed on
Saturday, May 2nd for a private special event
Originally established in 1974 as the Douglas Museum and Library, the Museum first opened in 1979 at 3200 Airport Avenue. The Museum was founded by Donald Douglas Jr, the second President of the Douglas Aircraft Company. Construction began on the new Museum in early 2010 and the Museum celebrated its grand opening to the public in the new building on February 25, 2012. The Museum collection consists of the many original artifacts related to the Douglas Aircraft Company, a variety of exhibits, aviation art, and features an array of aircraft from the BD-5 Microjet used in the James Bond movie ‘Octopussy’ (1983) to the 1959 RoadAir to a Wright Flyer replica!